viernes, 17 de octubre de 2014

The White Stripes





I considerer music to be storytelling, melody and rhythm. A lot of hip-hop has broken music down. There are no instruments and no songwriting. So you're left with just storytelling can be so braggadocious, you're just left with rhythm

Jack White







The White Stripes, "We're going to be friends"

Listen this song and then try to complete the lyrics



Fall is here, hear the yell
back to school, ring the..........
.......... new shoes, walking blues
climb the fence, books and pens
I can tell that we are gonna be friends
I can tell that we are gonna be friends

Walk with me, Suzy Lee
.......... the park and by the tree
we will rest upon the..........
and look at all the bugs we found
safely walk to school...........a sound
safely walk to school.......... a sound

Here we are, no one else
we walked to school all by..........
there's dirt on our uniforms
from chasing all the .......... and worms
we clean up and now it's time to ..........
we clean up and now it's time to..........

Numbers, letters, learn to..........
.........., and books, and show and tell 
playtime we will.......... the ball
back to class, through the ...........
teacher marks our .......... against the wall
teacher marks our .......... against the wall

We don't .......... any time pass
We don't .......... anything
we sit side by side in every class
teacher thinks that I .......... funny
but she likes the way you sing

Tonight I'll dream while I'm in bed
when silly .......... go through my head
about the .......... and alphabet
and when I wake tomorrow I'll ..........
that you and I will walk together again
I can tell that we are gonna be friends

Listen another time this song with lyrics and try to understand



Vocabulary:

I can tell that we are gonna be friends: Yo tenía la impresión que éramos amigos
Ants: hormigas
worms: gusanos
to throw: tirar, lanzar
heights: alturas
thoughts: pensamientos

If you want to know more about "The White Stripes" you can visit this website 




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario