miércoles, 11 de febrero de 2015

Taking a message (very easy!)




Can I take a message?




Taking a message!

Listen the following video:






Do this exercise:

A Hi,  I  to Gregory Blake ?

B I'm 
 he's not at his  right now.  you like to  a message?

A Do you have any idea when 
 be ?

B I can't be sure of that, sorry.

A OK, 
 is his mother calling. Can you tell him that he left his keys at home and that I'm not going to be at home tonight. That he'll have to find himself another woman to go home to.

B Sorry can I 
 your name again?

A It's his mother.

B Can you 
 that please?

A Of course, M for mother...

B Ah OK, you're his 
. So, Greg  his keys at and you're not there tonight. He should  himself another woman to go home to.

A That's 


B OK, I'll 
 sure that he  the .

A Thanks very much, goodbye.


Answers:

A Hi, [ could] I [ speak] to Gregory Blake [please]?

B I'm [ 
sorry] he's not at his [/desk] right now. [Would] you like to [/leave] a message?

A Do you have any idea when [he'll] be [back]?

B I can't be sure of that, sorry.

A OK, [this] is his mother calling. Can you tell him that he left his keys at home and that I'm not going to be at home tonight. That he'll have to find himself another woman to go home to.

B Sorry can I [
get] your name again?

A It's his mother.

B Can you [/
spell] that please?

A Of course, M for mother...

B Ah OK, you're his [mother]. So, Greg [left] his keys at [home] and you're not there tonight. He should [ find] himself another woman to go home to.

A That's [right]

B OK, I'll [
make] sure that he [gets] the [message].

A Thanks very much, goodbye.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario